Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pro and UVW mapped bitmap  (Read 1475 times)

Pixelpark

• Pixelpark
Forest Pro and UVW mapped bitmap
« on: March 22, 2019, 02:26:33 PM »
Hi.
I've created a sphere covered with small boxes scattered on in using Forest Pro. I then applied a material with a forest color map on the diffuse slot to randomize the color of the boxes with a gradient, and everything works fine so far.
But now I'm trying to combine the forest color map inside a composite map with a bitmap that needs a spherical UVW mapping: when I try to apply a UVW modifier on the Forest object it doesn't work.
I'm using Vray NEXT GPU, so I can't use the "get color from map" function inside the Forest color map.

My final goal is to have the forest object with a UVW spherical mapped bitmap that give an overall colorization to the sphere, and then a Forest color map to create some color difference among all the scattered boxes.

Is there a way to combine these two things?
Thanks, cheers

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest Pro and UVW mapped bitmap
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »
Hi,

I'm afraid, that at the moment it's not feasible by using GPU based renderer because of limited map support. I'm not sure, if by using the VRayMultiSubTex map you can archive the desired look.

Best regards,

Pixelpark

• Pixelpark
Re: Forest Pro and UVW mapped bitmap
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 01:02:19 PM »
Ok I see.
I'll definitely do some tests with VRayMultiSubTex map.
In the worst case I'll convert my Forest object in a geometry so I can use standard mapping methods to reach my goal, and use Forest just to generate the needed geometry.

Thanks, cheers