Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Older Library Model Conversions VRay  (Read 735 times)

LunarStudio

• LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
Older Library Model Conversions VRay
« on: March 31, 2022, 04:47:28 PM »
I loaded up an older library for the latest VRay and it's not converting or using the materials properly. It's a Vizpark Library.
It has a bunch of items which I believe are unsupported with the latest VRay.

If I manually convert the material over so that it works again within my current scene, how do I go about saving the material again so that next time the model uses the updated one?

Is it not possible and that I need to manually convert each model separately in its own max file now?

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Older Library Model Conversions VRay
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:34:08 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure how the VizPark libraries are organised. If they have separate Material libraries (*.mat) you should replace the materials in those. If the materials are saved in the max files themselves you'll need to change them in those source files. I'm afraid there's not a Forest Pack function that will update the sources from the current scene.

Best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Nir Sullam

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 08:31:13 PM »
I loaded up an older library for the latest  and it's not converting or using the materials properly. It's a Vizpark Library.
It has a bunch of items which I believe are unsupported with the latest .

If I manually convert the material over so that it works again within my current scene, how do I go about saving the material again so that next time the model uses the updated one?

Is it not possible and that I need to manually convert each model separately in its own max file now?

Do you mean that the textures are not found ? Why should you convert it ?
There is a script by Pixamoon which is awesome which will allow you to convert a full library in seconds (both relinking textures and re-saving the files and set them to Vray)

NT3032

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 09:29:43 PM »
I really feel like Forest Pack needs much better built in assets and tools. The more one uses unreal engine and with https://quixel.com/blog/2021/12/15/megascans-trees-are-now-in-early-access on the horizon, I think iToo could start to take it to the next level as well.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 11:44:22 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Of course, we are always aiming to improve our plugins and their free assets, starting with RailClone's libraries but with some FP improvements on the horizon too. However, we are a very small team compared to Epic games (8 people vs 3700 ish!) so it may not happen overnight.

Thanks for understanding,
Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software