Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: ForestPackPro Network problem  (Read 478 times)

raf

• Industria Motion Art
ForestPackPro Network problem
« on: March 11, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »
Hi there,

I have a small renderfarm and one maschine is not rendering correct. Hard and software is the same. Locally everything renderes correct on every maschine. But as soon as I send it to backburner, the rendering got wrong. Any ideas?
(what I tried: reinstall ForestPack, reinstall vray, changed windows firewall setting)

Rokas

Re: ForestPackPro Network problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:31:17 AM »
Only one machine of many renders wrong?
I don't really see where is the problem in the attached image? Lighting is wrong above red line ? Or is it missing textures?
Maybe that machine does not see the texture location ?
Do You have library assets installed/shared in all computers?

First thing to try is to make a scene of plane and teapot and scatter teapot on that plane.  Create slow bruteforce rendering settings so all computers can join in rendering on time.
This way You will find out if ForestPack is working across Your network. If it renders teapots with all nodes then Your assets are not installed/shared correctly.

Many tips can be found in this topic with few links going further which are useful to troubleshoot distributed rendering issues.

Hope this helps. If You still need help after reading mentioned posts please share what You did and what (is)/(is not) working for You.
Rokas

raf

• Industria Motion Art
Re: ForestPackPro Network problem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 09:31:24 AM »
Yeah only one rendered wrong. Versions: Vray 5.05 and FP6.31. As I didn't had time to locate the problem, i updated to FP7. Because, why not. And now this machine is running also smooth.
Sadly I could not find the error, so that will be an unsolved mystery forever! But anyway, many thanks for your fast reply! Forest Pack is an awesome tool!