Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Color tint + interaction between FPs  (Read 664 times)

Victor Vlasenko

Color tint + interaction between FPs
« on: November 15, 2022, 10:38:38 AM »
Hi,
adding color tint (and color correction probably) inside the plugin (didn't check the material color tint) not working when FP object interacts with some other FP.

1. Adding color tint - working as expected
2. Adding linked area or FP as exclude area - not working.
3. Hide other FP - working again.

During interactive rendering can be solved by hiding/unhiding FP, but not a solution for production render.
Using corona render if that matters.

---------------------------------

***And as we talking about color tint - can brightness parameter behavior be something like RGB level in bitmap parameters?
Right now increasing brightness to some small value gives almost no visible result while higher values make objects white.
Attachment is the current brightness behavior:
left - no changes, center - RBG level 5 in the bitmap, right RGB level - 1, brightness 0.3 in FP.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:42:34 AM by Victor Vlasenko »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Color tint + interaction between FPs
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »
Hi,

If possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Victor Vlasenko

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »
I'm not sure if I need to send some scene as it can be easily recreated.

New scene:
Forest001 (green) use Rectangle001 as area.
Forest002 (red) use Rectangle002 as area.
Forest001 use Forest002 as exclude.

Forest002 is a copy of Forest001 with same settings(without an exclude area obviously).
If Forest002 is visible - color tint on Forest001 isn't working.
Same with linked areas.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 12:01:47 PM by Victor Vlasenko »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 12:07:46 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. Well, I’ve set it up the mentioned way, but I can’t reproduce this issue in my tests with the latest Forest Pack Pro release. Having a problematic scene here would be handy.

Best regards,

Victor Vlasenko

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 07:12:15 AM »
Hi, here is a simpler setup.

in this particular case, the production render seems to be working fine - the problem is only in interactive rendering.
Try to hide/unhide FP2 during interactive rendering to see the problem. Hide/unhide FP1 solves the problem during IR.

Max 2023, latest Corona, latest FP.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 07:13:46 AM by Victor Vlasenko »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 10:51:07 AM »
Hello Victor,

Thanks for the files, with your help I can reproduce the issue here. I've passed it along to the development team for further investigation.

Just to add though that IPR modes in 3ds Max are a bit of a wild west. There are still several limitations while using the IPR mode because 3ds Max isn’t primarily designed for it and a series of cheats are being used (from the renderer side and from our side) to make it work. Because of that, fixes can be a challenge and may need changes on our side and Corona's

Best regards,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software