Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Why the falloff effect disappeared after adding an exclude spline ?  (Read 1863 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
This scene is from tutorial page of Itoosoft website. Title:Grass Edges
1.   There is no exclude spline in the forest object in this scene. The edges are not jagged at all.
2.   But when I added a exclude spline (I must use some exclude splines) at the top of Areas list , the number of the small Clumps increase terribly suddenly. It seems that the falloff effect disappeared.
3.   How can I keep the number of small Clumps as small as possible when I add the exclude spline? I can’t keep the falloff works when I add a exclude spline.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 08:47:53 AM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Why the falloff effect disappeared after adding an exclude spline ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »
Hi,

Because of using Invert Curve for Falloff Density this is applied also to your Exclude Area calculation. Modifying of this algorithm could lead to another undesired effects, but we'll see if we can do some tweaks in this part for future releases.

In this case, we recommend you to use the spline already "prepared". This could be done easily with Boolean Subtraction operation. Please check attached screenshots.

Hope this helps you a bit and if there will be anything more we can help you with, please let us know. Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »
Thanks Michal Karmazín. Of course I know I can modify include splines. But sometimes I cannot ignore the exclude spline, such as this shape in my attachement.
I just want to know this is a bug or not. I hope you will fix this bug in the future release.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »
It's not exactly a bug, but a limitation of the "Invert Curve" mode. We'll check it, but i think is not a problem which may be fixed easily.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software