Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Suggestion: Tree Editor - Along a Path In Vertex Positions mode  (Read 1427 times)

Despondo

Suggestion: Tree Editor - Along a Path In Vertex Positions mode
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »
I use splines with vertices in the places where I want trees planted along a road, etc.  Sometimes I need to revise the tree locations due to changes in the site plan, but usually for only a few trees.  The other trees need to be unchanged.  I'd like there to be an 'Update' option in addition to the 'Create' button for the Creation Tools along a Path mode.  This would in effect keep trees that already have vertices assigned in place and only create or move trees that have moved vertices or new vertices on the spline object.  An alternative would be for Forest objects to be 'glued' or attached to the vertex positions on the spline and live-update when the vertices are moved.  As it is right now, when I modify the spline vertices and hit create, all of the trees are re-randomized.  I only want new trees to be randomized and the previous trees left alone.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:26:24 PM by NT6015 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Suggestion: Tree Editor - Along a Path In Vertex Positions mode
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »
I'm afraid to get this behaviour it should be necessary to rewrite completely Creation Tools, since by design these tools are non interactive.

Alternatively you would use the following procedure:

- Use a separated spline for the position of new trees.
- Create a copy of the Forest Object.
- Use Creation Tools to generate trees in the new FP object.
- Once completed, use Tree Editor->Attach to merge both Forests.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software