Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: License problem and missing maps problem  (Read 1702 times)

DigitalMagic

License problem and missing maps problem
« on: December 08, 2019, 06:08:13 AM »
Hi. I am an excited soon to be new user of FP 6 (and Rail Clone 4) but I have 2 problems immediately.  I bought and installed it and activated it. It shows active on this (iToo) website. I am using it on a standalone computer, NOT network. I bought a standalone license.

But when I run 3ds max it says:
Forest Pack is configured to use a local license, but there are none available. Please, use the License Manager to install and authorize it.
Without a valid license, the Forest objects cannot be edited or rendered

Why? It is a valid active license?

I opened a scene using Forest Pack 5.4 and when I try to render it, it is missing a bunch of maps

Where are these maps?  Apparently the file structure has changed from 5 to 6 based on the reading I've done.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I need to get the license to work and also the maps

DigitalMagic

Re: License problem and missing maps problem
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 06:22:47 AM »
I ran the license manager again and it is now working....but the maps are still missing as shown in the pic in the above post.
Any ideas?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »
Hi,

These maps seems to belong to third-party libraries, not to the default libraries included with Forest Pack.
I see there are references to HQ Plants 1 & 2 (from 3D Mentor), and i don't know about the third one.

You should add the maps paths manually to Configure->External Files->User Paths, according where installed the libraries.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

DigitalMagic

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »
Thank you very much.  So it sounds like I have all the correct included maps linked ok but I need to get the third party maps library and then link Forest Pack so it can find them

DigitalMagic

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 06:06:56 AM »
I am planning to buy these missing 3rd party plugins but I am not sure what the 3rd one is  trees_2
Anyone know?

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 10:23:50 AM »
Rokas

DigitalMagic

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 06:43:53 AM »
Thank you very much :)