Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: convert mesh into forest  (Read 2838 times)

CO2263

convert mesh into forest
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »
Hi,
I have some new question
Let's say I made an ivy using guruware plugin, but color variation and randomization is not so flexible as its with forestcolor map
Is it possible to convert final meshes into forest object with geometry at the same place where original ivy placed? Then it will be possible to apply forest color map to leaves
see some samples bellow

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: convert mesh into forest
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
I've not tried that, but i think would be possible to convert ivy to an editable mesh, then assign as Custom Object, and place it as an unique element using Custom Edit mode. Should not be problems applying Forest Color, using Tint by Element.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

CO2263

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:29:37 AM »
yes, its easy to convert ivy into mesh
but is there any way to skip placing element using custom edit mode? that could be a problem depending on building shape and ivy complexity
can forest just take geometry with its original coordinates and do nothing more?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:51:04 AM »
Yes, Forest includes a tool to place items using other objects as reference (Tree Editor->Creation Tools->Reference Objects).

Anyway, if you create a Custom Object with the full ivy mesh, only should be necessary to place an unique item. I think it's easier to align it visually.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

CO2263

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
ok, thx
will try that tool
I thought it could take the original coordinates