Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Loading effect with script  (Read 3160 times)

TATproductions

Loading effect with script
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:23:42 PM »
Hello !

I've discovered recently the 'scatter on displaced surface' topics : https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/vray-displacement/msg18916/#msg18916

It's great and working.
So now i need to update massively my scenes ( ~ 30 scenes with ~10 forests each)

Is it possible to load the 'newDisplacementEffect' on forest with maxScript ?
It seems it is the last thing i need to automate this.

Thanks !

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Loading effect with script
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:57:22 AM »
Hi, the full Effect is stored in Max parameters of the Forest object. Theorically it would be possible to copy these parameters from one object to other using Maxscript, and replicate the Effect.
But really this is something we never tried, i'm not sure if that will work.

These are all the parameters. Please note that several of them are arrays:

"effects", "efenable", "pf_efonlyrender", "efpaid", "efpatype", "efpaname", "efpalimit", "efpadesc", "efpanumtype", "efpaintval", "efpaintmin","efpaintmax", "efpaintdef", "efpafloatval", "efpafloatmin", "efpafloatmax", "efpafloatdef", "efpaunitval", "efpaunitmin","efpaunitmax", "efpaunitdef", "efpainode", "efpacontref", "efpacontanim", "efpacontype"

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TATproductions

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 10:09:05 AM »
up !

we are still trying to add & change effects with MaxScript.
Still no solutions ?

thanks
-p-

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:57 AM »
Hi, i found a script that may help you. It lets to copy properties from an object, to a selection of objects of the same type.
I had to modify it slightly to work with Effects. Please, use file attached to this post, not the version from ScriptSpot.

How to use it:

- Pick the source Forest source node.
- Once properties are listed, select all starting with "ef": from "efenablelist" to "efxmlist", except "Effect_Curves" (the script cannot handle this one).
- Select the target Forest object, and click Paste.

All Effects together their parameters will be copied to the target nodes, overwritting the existing Effects, if any.

I hope that helps.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software