Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: inquiry about placing the objects on a large surface  (Read 1513 times)

RL4843

inquiry about placing the objects on a large surface
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:12:30 PM »
Hi,

I've this scene which is of 3x4 km. It divided into 88 equal areas (almost 360mts x 360 mts). Now I've to place the buildings and do the landscape in these squares.
I've some doubts so here I am.
Please tell me, what method I should choose for a better workflow with less hassle.
should I place different forest pack objects into each of that block?
Or should I take the whole site as one area and use the single forest pack object?

I mean what should be the better way to deal with the high geometry? to break down into multiple forest pack objects or by using the less?

Please guide.
Thanks.

Rokas

Re: inquiry about placing the objects on a large surface
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:02:11 AM »
Hi. It is one is up to You. Both ways should work fine and satisfy Your artistic freedom.
It depends what is hassle for You. Maybe a combination of both methods: one ForestPack for large trees, and multiple ForestPacks for bushes, grasses.
To create large grass fields it is more efficient to scatter big grass  patches instead of single blades. But should You want to use the same grass to end with hard cut-off line there could be some "hassle".
This tutorial address the problem.

Maybe You will find this tutorial helpful as well. It shares some helpful tricks.

Hope this helps.
Best way is to experiment, and feel free to share the tips You discovered along the way.

Rokas

RL4843

Re: inquiry about placing the objects on a large surface
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:27:00 AM »
Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
I am going to try this, and anything comes my way, I know that you guys are here.
Thanks a lot.
and yes..  This is a great plugin.
Thanks again.