Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Plugin Error when Network License not Active  (Read 2466 times)

UF3649

Plugin Error when Network License not Active
« on: December 17, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
I think opened when forest pro is installed but the Network license is not active should still be able to open without an error and possibly render.  (but not be editable).  eg the same functionality as a render slave.  Is there any way this could be allowed.?

SM3464

Re: Plugin Error when Network License not Active
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:21:06 PM »
I think you can send your job to backburner and it should render fine even if the license is not active.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 03:39:30 PM »
Hi,

Anytime you want work in "interactive" mode (create, edit, render), the license is needed. Please, feel free to check this post about "interactive" x "non-interactive" modes differences.

Our licensing system is very similar to the "3ds Max licensing system" - it's detecting when the scene is used in interactive mode (so the license is needed) and when not.

For example, when I´ll want to open any 3ds Max's scene just to render without any edition of included content, the 3ds Max will ask for the license to launch itself. There is exception while using network rendering so the 3ds Max session is not interactive and managed by the host. The same behaviour maintain our software.

Actually, take in mind the fact you can install & use our software in "Render slave node" on as many as render nodes wanted. So, please compare it to render engines licensing schemes (charging for every render node) and you'll see how generous in reality our licensing system is.

Kind regards,

UF3649

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply .
 I suppose because we are rendering in Octane, we are rendering locally a bit more. We dont want to edit forest, just be able to render through Octanes network render for still.s

UF3649

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 06:53:18 AM »
Could i suggest a license more similar to a lot of other plugins, as the current system is quite frustrating.  We have 2 licenses and 2 rail clone even though in reality there is only one person editing at a time.   Other non forest/railclone users who just want to render locally are unable to render without going and manually logging on the license server and finding out who is on and kick them off.

My suggestion is to disable editing for all but forest/railclone users, but to allow local rendering nonediting to anyone.  I personally think this is in line with a lot of other Plugins.

We moved from Groundwiz because of the overly annoying licensing system to forest.

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
Please read following comments about the license need for any interactive session:

Due the parametric nature of our products, the plugin is needed in all phases of visualization, including view port and rendering. We don't interfere in any other plugins or characteristics that are not the provided by our software. If the license is not present, you can still open and work with the scene, but all Forest Pack objects will be not modifiable or visible in viewport or render. The license limits and requirements are explained in our purchasing FAQ.

Usually, the recommended number of licenses is many as concurrent users have to work with scenes containing Forest Pack Pro or RailClone Pro objects for a smooth workflow. This is the same criteria as other plugin companies, and unlike them we don't add charges for non-interactive render nodes or floating licenses.
Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com