Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Cryptomatte Material in Vray 5.2.3 & ForestPack 7.3  (Read 1624 times)

CharlyRT

Cryptomatte Material in Vray 5.2.3 & ForestPack 7.3
« on: April 22, 2022, 07:52:43 PM »
Hi there, in another post https://forum.itoosoft.com/forest-pro-(*)/cryptomatte-support/msg33458/#msg33458 I have mentioned that there's a problem with Vray Cryptomatte when using the latest updates of Forestpack (7.3 and above), the problem is that Criptomatte/Material cannot detect any data from forestpack objects from IPR, and in Production mode the mask only detects 1 material, the one that Forestpack object generates automatically.

In Vray forums it's mentioned that this problem is solved when turning on the base geometry, also this solves some translucency erros between IPR and Production mode, Hope u can solve this issue which Paul mentioned on the past post that this could be from Vrayinstancer, I've tested this on the newest Beta por Max 2023 with Vray 5.2.3 and the error its still there, for me its not optimal to turn the base geometry  :'(.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 08:03:34 PM by RTstudio »

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Cryptomatte Material in Vray 5.2.3 & ForestPack 7.3
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 05:11:02 PM »
Thanks for the update.

I'm testing here and I can confirm the following behaviour when using Cryptomatte in Node Material Name mode

- Bucket rendering with Hidden source geometry = one mask per FP object (FP Automaterial)
- Bucket rendering with visible source geometry = multiple masks - one for each sub-material
- Progressive rendering with hidden source geometry = one mask per FP object (FP Automaterial)
- Progressive rendering with visible source geometry = multiple masks - one for each sub-material

In both cases, the masks were only selectable once the render had finished, although they were visible in the render pass.

We'll look into it, but I suspect that it might be something that will need to be looked at on Chaos' side. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:28:32 PM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

CharlyRT

Re: Cryptomatte Material in Vray 5.2.3 & ForestPack 7.3
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 08:50:39 PM »
Hi Paul, Thanks for your response, I´ve already informed Chaos too, hope this could be solve soon, meanwhile I'm using Vray 5.2.2 and Forestpack 7.1.2 where everything works beautifully.