Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Lock Calculation for rendering.  (Read 534 times)

SR1351

Lock Calculation for rendering.
« on: March 27, 2022, 09:33:32 PM »
Hi,

We work on very large environmental areas with acres of grass. Forest Pro scatters the grass fantastically but the calculation of scatter for every frame takes way to long and a lot of times longer than the render.  Is there a way to lock the calculation so it doesn't need to calculate for every frame? This would GREATLY speed up rendering.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Lock Calculation for rendering.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. You can do this by going to the Items Editor rollout and changing the mode to Custom Edit.

This will bake in the current distribution and no further calculations will be required. Of course a side effect is that you can't use the camera clipping features.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

SR1351

Re: Lock Calculation for rendering.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 06:26:44 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. You can do this by going to the Items Editor rollout and changing the mode to Custom Edit.

This will bake in the current distribution and no further calculations will be required. Of course a side effect is that you can't use the camera clipping features.

I hope that helps,

Paul
Wow this is actually great, I have to try this.  So your saying it will load those huge scatters of grass really fast then without a 1-2 min loading time? Never thought of this trick.