Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Custom Edit problem  (Read 747 times)

EH4345

Custom Edit problem
« on: March 17, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »
I have a love/hate relation with the FPP.  I love the quality and the ease of use.... when it works,

As the project gets bigger, the more polygons are added, the more file gets bigger, often times its the FPP that slows my work time way, way down.  it just dosent work the same as when the file was smaller, and often crashes.  just look at this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUDrL6q2Hlc&ab_channel=Phillipkim
it was scatter using custom edit function.   when I  try to pick an item, it picks something else and crashes.  what the heck is going on??

FPP: 7.0.0b
3ds max 2018.4
AMD Ryzen 3900x  64GB memory
Windows 10

EH4345

Re: Custom Edit problem
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 08:24:40 AM »
I found the damn solution.  this is so frustrating..

it was the display which was on "Proxy>Box".  if i turn it back on to the "point Cloud" , it works correctly.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 12:02:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear you're facing that issue. I suspect it is because you are using an old beta release of Forest Pack 7 which we can't promise will be free of glitches. I'm trying it in the latest stable version and it would appear to be OK.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

ldotchops

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 01:51:45 AM »
I also encounter a crash for using custom edit mode and hitting the IPR in Vray

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 09:28:23 AM »
I also encounter a crash for using custom edit mode and hitting the IPR in Vray

Sorry to hear that. Max was never designed to work with IPR rendering, and many workarounds are needed to make it behave (both by us and the rendering engines). As a result it can be a bit unpredictable. Anyway, please, send us the minidump and we'll see what we can do.
If it happens only with a specific object, a sample scene will be very helpful as well.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 10:01:43 AM by Paul Roberts »
Paul Roberts
iToo Software