Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Default item library  (Read 2729 times)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Default item library
« on: May 28, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »
Another issue I found during my tests was when I chose one of the standard groundcovers from the libaray it took over the default card object when I made a new forest set. This meant all the setting where for the groundcover when I was wanting trees. The only way to get around it was to restart MAX.

Sorry, i don't understand. Please, would you detail this issue ? If possible, include a steps guide to reproduce the problem.

I'm testing several combinations of items from the library, but everything seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

SL1186

Default item library
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:22:17 AM »
I found that if I use one of the library groundcover pre set forest item it takes over the default stand in card if I try to make another  forest item.
Including all the transforms etc of the pre made forest item I had used. The only way I could get a clean forest item is to close down Max and restart Max. Then I would be back to the default as it should be. Is there any kind of option to use the last forest setup in the preferances I have missed?

1 make a new forest  item.
2 choose a per set ground cover of grass and daisy
3 make a new forest item
The default forest object is now the grass and daisy pre set over the whole surface. This continues until I restart Max.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Default item library
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »

Ok, it's not a bug but a workflow issue: Forest remember the latest library selection, this is helpful to create a serie of similar items. Specially when there are multiple elements selected in the library.

To clear it, just open and close the library in the Creation panel. Anyway, we will modify it, to clear the selection also with right clicking on the button.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software