Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Surface drawn with spline  (Read 4207 times)

JM2145

Surface drawn with spline
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »
So I've created a surface from an extruded spline, then added an edit poly and manipulated the surface to suit - but when I add forest pack to the surface it doesn't do anything unless in UV mode.

I've tried flipping normals and resetting xform etc

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Surface drawn with spline
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
Hi,

When using a surface, I would suggest you to always double check it's local coordinates (your surface coordinates should correspond with intended Forest object orientation). For example a plane created in Front view will work differently with Forest objects as another one created in Perspective / Top view. Generally, when using surface(s), it's handy to apply the Reset XForm utility on it to "reset" it's local coordinates as any "scaled surface(s)" Forest will inherit this scale (and that's not always desirable).

As mentioned above, applying the Reset XForm utility over that surface to reset its local coordinates & scale should fix it. To rebuild the Forest object, use the the Update surfaces data button or feel free to mark the Auto check-box (to Update surface data automatically - this may add a performance hit for complex surfaces).

If the problem persist, please feel free to send us  your scene to analyse it here.

Best regards,