Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Freezing bug fix still not officially released  (Read 4307 times)

Rawalanche

• My portfolio
Freezing bug fix still not officially released
« on: October 04, 2017, 02:10:41 PM »
Hello,

on 19th July, more than 2 and a half months ago, I have reported a severe bug that causes ForestPack to completely freeze 3dsMax in quite common scenarios. 5 days later, I have received a fix in form of patched .dlo file in an archive labeled as forest_5.4.1.492.2016.endless_loop_bug.7z. This fixed .dlo file indeed resolved the freezing, and I expected to see it in an official release very soon, due to the severity of the bug.

Now, 2.5 months later I am getting really tired of sending people/studios I work with patched .dlo file, explaining they need to deploy it on their computers/renderfarms because otherwise my scenes they need to render won't render.

I do not think it is appropriate to defer severe bug fixes until major releases. That's something only Autodesk would do, so I really hope to see ForestPack 5.4.1 asap.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:14:29 PM by Rawalanche »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Freezing bug fix still not officially released
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:06 AM »
Hi, you are right.
We have not released 5.4.1 yet because it includes only a couple of fixes (actually most of work is done in the FP6 branch).

We'll prepare a release for the next week. Thanks.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

DG4711

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 08:20:39 PM »
I have received a fix in form of patched .dlo file in an archive labeled as forest_5.4.1.492.2016.endless_loop_bug.7z. This fixed .dlo file indeed resolved the freezing, and I expected to see it in an official release very soon, due to the severity of the bug.

I am having the same issue. Can I be provided with the .dlo file as well. When is the update happening? My renderings are freezing up and really slow after 3ds max crashed last week the trees render fine however all the library grass applied to large surfaces just slows the renderings. Even the old files I rendered and never had a problem with are all having the same issue.  I need this fax ASAP to meet my deadline.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »
Quote from: DG4711
I am having the same issue. Can I be provided with the .dlo file as well. When is the update happening? My renderings are freezing up and really slow after 3ds max crashed last week the trees render fine however all the library grass applied to large surfaces just slows the renderings. Even the old files I rendered and never had a problem with are all having the same issue.  I need this fax ASAP to meet my deadline.

The update is just released.
But i guess it's not the same problem, because the bug fixed in this patch is very specific. In fact, the bug was present since the first versions of Forest Pack, but strangely it was not reported until now:

- Fixed rare bug with items placed just in the edge of an area, which can cause endless loop.

Regarding to your problem, please tell us more details: Max version, render engine, and ideally send us  a minidump or a test scene. We have seen similar problems caused by V-Ray or other components.

Thanks,

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

amitgedia

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »
thanks for the update guys
now waiting for a major release with lots of new features and presets and effects..