Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: LIBRARY PRESET LAWNS QUALITY  (Read 1698 times)

ticosimmer

LIBRARY PRESET LAWNS QUALITY
« on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:22 PM »
Hi,
When I use the preset lawns, I get a very poor non realistic result (I'm using Vray).  I have inserted the vray textures in the presets.  But the result is a flat non realistic green looking lawn, very uniform, without imperfections or translucency.  I did the experiment with the itoo grass tutorial, and the result is a great looking realistic grass.  So the render settings are not the problem ( I guess).  Has anybody else experienced the same issue with the presets?
Is there a workaround to improve its quality?
Cheers

Rokas

Re: LIBRARY PRESET LAWNS QUALITY
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:58:11 AM »
Hi

I wonder which preset are You using, what You are getting and what is Your expectations. Please attach Your scene You use and screenshot of result You get.
Only this way we can understand Your situation and help You.

Regards
Rokas

ticosimmer

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »
Please find attached to pictures so you can tell tell the difference between the two lawns.
The preset one looks very fake.  I'm working with vray

FC1888

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:29:35 PM »
Just a quick question, when you said " I have inserted the vray textures in the presets" what does that actually mean.. The textures for presets like lawns etc. should load automatically and should be set up to do so, when you install V-Ray.. I've not seen this problem myself, in fact the image you have shown, looks almost like a single colour, almost an artificial lawn look, though you do mention you have posted two images so we can see the difference

I suggest you send your scene in as Rokas suggested, they may be able to spot where things are going wrong, but I am a little confused when you say you inserted the textures in the presets.

In Max, with the the problem scene ready to render, just go to Reference > Asset Tracking, refresh the list and see if you have either FOUND or MISSING in the texures for the lawn preset. It should say FOUND and should render correctly.

ticosimmer

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 10:54:57 PM »
When I refer to vray textures, I mean that I have selected the vray material  from the materials tab in the forest Pack library menu, to make sure Im using vray materials with the lawns.
The assets states that all materials have been found.
Please find attached the file for your reference as well as the picture.
Take you very much for your help

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 07:44:23 AM »
Hi

For me Your attached pictures shows quite the opposite effect. I do like "preset" grass much better than Your "Tutorial":

And attached scene uses preset which render (in my opinion) just fine. If You prefer the "tutorial" grss look, then You can create Your own preset from that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:51:18 AM by Rokas »
Rokas

ticosimmer

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
Really?.
I find the preset very flat and opaque, nevertheless, the color, from my point of view, is very innacurate from the real grass color.  No patches of different colors ( a little bit dried grass anywhere.
The tutorial is the one downloaded from the itoo tutorial sections.
Cheers

FC1888

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 11:41:07 PM »
I am confused. The preset lawn image, looks way more realistic, with colour variation and the tutorial one, looks flat and the green is over saturated. However you are saying the opposite, you are sang the preset lawn, is flat and the tutorial one more realistic...

So I have to agree with Rokas, if that solid much more saturated green, is you idea of more realistic, then as Rokas says, you can create preset from that and problem solved