Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Changing Materials in Octane Render  (Read 1876 times)

Chipstarrr

Changing Materials in Octane Render
« on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:03 PM »

I am using Forest Pack with 3ds Max and Octane render. I know that octane does not support Forest Colour so to create diversity in colours of a scene of bushes I have tried to apply different materials to 2 types of bush in the Forest Modifier. The problem is once I have created my 2 textures and applied them to the separate bushes only one of the textures is used for both. I have tried un-ticking "Consolidate materials" and also "Optimise materials" with no luck. Actually this error seems sporadic as "optimise materials" did work once, it made each bush use a separate material, but when I went back into the material to change some values it would not update again! This is getting pretty frustrating as I need to somehow have a diverse range of textures and Forest just seems to want to use the same texture for all instances of a specif plant!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Changing Materials in Octane Render
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
That is a defect of the Octane implementation: it always gets the material from the Custom Object, ignoring the material defined in the Geometry List.
As workaround, create several custom objects, each one with its own material.

Unfortunately we cannot fix this issue, since the code was written by the Otoy developers, and is part of the Octane core.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software