Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Duplicate models & materials on different imported models  (Read 1661 times)

Team3D

Duplicate models & materials on different imported models
« on: May 22, 2015, 11:30:42 AM »
Hi there,

I'm using Forest Pack 4.3.7 on Windows 7 in 3DS Max 2015, I'm having a problem with using variations of a model. I'm using an Xfrog library with flowers. On the NAS they are saved with different names (Like flower_1, flower_2 etc), but in the library inside Forest Pack they have the same name (African Violet in this case, but there are more plants like this). The models and colors of these plants vary. Also, the names inside the Forest Library Browser are locked, i think due to it being an Xfrog library.

When I import 2 or more of these models with the same name, under the geometry, at the 'Custom Object' option tab they get the same modelname. Also, the material name is the same. When I check the materials of the different imported models , they are all the same. When rendering, all the models are also the same. This is weird, because they are different MAX files on our NAS.
Inside the Forest Library I'm using the option 'Ask User' for when there are duplicate materials, but I get no warning when I import.

Is there a way to work around this?
I've already tried to use different Forest objects for the different variations, but the problem sticks. I was planning on making a preset of plants to use for creating gardens. Now we have to create the forest object and fill it with geometry everytime we start a new scene. Unfortunally the 'save preset' option doesn't remember the geometry selection. When I tried to create a MAX file for a preset, I ran into this problem.
I already thought about creating a custom library with all the plants I want, but this would be very, very time consuming.

I hope there is another solution to this problem. Thanks.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Duplicate models & materials on different imported models
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
Hi,

Please download the latest version of XFrog Catalog 1.2.0. As you can double check on this related topic, this problem should be in the current version of Xfrog Catalog fixed.

"Added unique names for all models. This fixes the problem of selecting multiple variations of a plant."

In case of any further troubles with it, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,