Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Edge Mapping Not Working  (Read 2048 times)

LJ3751

Edge Mapping Not Working
« on: April 11, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Hi,

Recently started using Fp 5.3 and i have trouble with getting the edge mapping to work. I already saw the suggestions to adjust settings of transparency level and secondary bias values but even after trying both am getting black splotches near the edges of grass. Am i missing something here.

Using 3Ds Max 2017, Vray 3.4 and using library grass models to scatter in a lawn.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Edge Mapping Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »
Hi,

Would you mind to send us a simplified version of your scene to check it here? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

LJ3751

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »
Hi Michal,

I didn't see your reply until today. i was expecting a notification mail when a reply has been posted, you guys don't have auto generated notifications for this? :(
Okay back to the discussion. Interestingly i tested this Edge mapping in a simple scene and the results came out just fine without any problem. You can find the render and setups i have used in the attachment.
Am assuming it has something to do with render setup or the scene which am working on.

So i found out that the spline which i used and the surface was overlapping a little also i had to 'Disable' surface area in the Areas roll-out for it to work properly.

TL1895

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
to get auto notification, you must select it.