Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest pack trees disapear?  (Read 3894 times)

DigitalMagic

Re: Forest pack trees disapear?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »
"Your scene has been created or edited with a non-legitimate Forest license. Disappearing items are part of our protection system.
Please check if you have imported the Forest object from an external source (downloaded from Internet, third-party freelancer, etc.).
We cannot check the origin of your scene, but for sure the object included on it was created using a non-legitimate license."

This just occurred to me.  If the scene was created with an illegitimate forest license then shouldn't it have issues on your computer too?   I believe I provided the original landscape file scene earlier in this thread. If it works fine on your machine but has random occurrences of some or all forest objects disapearing on my machine then what does that mean?  I have an installed/activated a legit forest license on my machine.
I bought the scene from a 3d site. The only changes I did were importing the car, scaling the car to match the scene and importing the sign and scaling the sign to match the scene.
And then I made the setting changes suggested on this thread.
Sorry. I'm just trying to think this through to get to the root cause.

Rokas

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 09:27:44 PM »
Your license is OK.
I get the same disappearing issue too.

May I suggest You contact us at helpdesk@itoosoft.com and we will continue about pirated content removal practices. May You please tell us where did You get the scene in the email as well. Thanks!
Rokas

DigitalMagic

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:23 AM »
Thank you very much.
I realize this is not a Forest Pack question so if no one wants to respond I understand, but...
"P.S. General tip: always work to true scale and near 0,0,0 coordinates. Now Your current scene is far from origin and very very large. Working in scale is quicker and not doing so can cause other issues down the line as well."

Yes I realize the scene is very very large. Much larger than the car.  I had to scale the car way up to match the scene. What is the correct way to scale the scene closer to where it should be?

Rokas

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 08:09:54 AM »
Hi, I have deleted Your files, and see that You have deleted them too from this thread.

Scale down the scene until Your regular car (hopefully modeled to scale) starts to fit on the road properly. Move the whole scene closer to [0,0,0]
Rokas

DigitalMagic

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 05:22:13 AM »
Thank you very much again.
Sorry. I meant to only delete the video and pics but I deleted the scene too.  You might need the scene files
scene
https://files.secureserver.net/0sicxM59CmVd95
last texture
https://files.secureserver.net/0sw40gxY2iOet6