Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: I wonder if it will produce some animated flickering grass in new edge mode.  (Read 1364 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hi developers of iToosoft,
The new edge detection mode is amazing! But I wonder if it will produce some animated flickering grass too?
I am going to make some large areas of windy grass.
In the past, I use the “large clumps and small clumps” trick to get the clean edge of grass. But I can’t use the size mode in bounding detection because of the flickering grass problem.
The size of animated grass (Xmesh) are always changing. Will the edge detection mode also have the same problem in dealing with the animated objects (Xmesh or pointcache) ? I have no time to test render, so I ask you directly before change my plan.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Yes. It may produce flickering because Edge mode it's a combination of Size mode + element clipping, and it's updated at each frame.
In case of animated XMesh, we suggest to use the old method, combining large and small clumps in Point mode.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Oh so disappointed, I hope you can find a good way for animated objects in the future.
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.