Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Oh boy... os is this possible?  (Read 866 times)

grue

Oh boy... os is this possible?
« on: February 05, 2020, 03:04:41 PM »
First, this might be a railclone thing, but i'm also looking at forestpro. so starting here.

i've attached a screen shot.  I have manually created the type of pattern i want, the green and blue carpet tiles to the right of the two orange lines.  the idea is that the carpet tiles go from the grey-only tiles to the tiles with the blue fade, then to the solid blue tile then back to fade out again.  then repeat further down but fade to yellow/grey carpet tiles.

you can see the railclone i attempted to start.  with that it's really good, and i can do completely random material IDs, but i need the solids in the middle - where the actual door are, so the solid colors make a path of sorts.

also, i have to be careful about materials, because i use IRAYPlugin from Lightworks Design and it doesn't like forest materials :)

thanks!

Rokas

Re: Oh boy... os is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 05:18:15 PM »
Probably possible with RailClone. Is this straight grid? How much control do You need? How You are placing the doors? Will it be more than one?
Probably more effort than the result gives You.

Rokas

grue

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 06:20:35 PM »
the grid will be strait, vertical in this screen shot.  unfortunately i posted the screen shot that shows the pink outlined tiles horizontal (this i did in railclone), but they would run the other way vertical... i have the way it would want to look on the left, the green and blue outlined carpet tiles.

i don't need much control.  what would be great is to have some randomness to the "all grey" tiles.  i have 8 different images for those, 6 images for the blue-grey feathered tiles i suppose a way to control the randomness of the feathered tiles would be good too.

thanks

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 02:22:47 PM »
Attached possible solution with RC.
To control it You need to adjust two splines and Set Exported parameters to right values.

Hope this helps
Rokas

grue

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 04:44:18 AM »
thank you!  i will try it out and let you know. but it looks like what i was afyer!

grue

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 09:53:54 PM »
wow thanks! this looks like it's working out quite nicely.  i'm learning a couple of things from it as well.  thanks a bunch.  for example i thought that you literally had to have 5 separate objects with the same multi-sub object material on them in order to get a random material id - but this makes perfect sense.  just 1 object a multi-sub object and you're good to go.

grue

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
i'm getting some of it.  attached is a screen shot of questions.

Rokas

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 09:50:56 AM »
Hi

Sure.

Two numeric nodes are for adjustment if You change the splines and want to realign where Blue Segments start/end:

Regarding Expression:

it has two if sentences. We need two of them because we are using 3 selector nodes. And one If sentence can manage only two when if Criteria is met, or not.

So we use SegmentYcounter attribute to compare with our Numeric nodes: and if they match we use Get to use Selectors Nodes 2 and 3. And if Criteria is not met we use 1.
You can read this expression line in English as :
if Y row is as "Numeric1" then use selectors 2nd input, if not then maybe it is as "Numeric2"? If so use Selectors node 3.
If both those conditions are not satisfied, then use Selectors 1st node.

Hope this helps
Rokas

grue

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 03:19:47 PM »
this helps thanks!