Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Large stadium with animation crashes mid-render  (Read 1293 times)

OU9561

Large stadium with animation crashes mid-render
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:44:56 PM »
Hi!
I'm using Forest Pack to populate a stadium with animated vray proxies. I'm rendering stills. Setting the animation option to disabled renders the scene just fine, but If I set it to random samples, 3ds Max crashes when the render is about 70% done. It doesn't appear to be a memory issue. Setting the animation option to "follow geometry" doesn't crash, so I guess it's a problem with the random samples?
Of course, it's a pretty big file, where can I send it so you can take a look at it?

Thank you very much!

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Large stadium with animation crashes mid-render
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:59:33 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. Please send it support@itoosoft.com and we'll check it out. You can use a file sharing service like WeTransfer or Dropbox for large files.

Many thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Large stadium with animation crashes mid-render
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:01:00 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for provided scene. With you help we've identified a bug (linked to animation modes when display limits are exceeded). We've just fixed it and the patch will be included in next release. Meanwhile, please raise the Display - Viewport - Max items value (for your scene 80000 will be enough - your Forest object has about 74000 items).

Best regards,