Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Removing license  (Read 1848 times)

Arkviz

Removing license
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:15:17 PM »
My old workstation became a rendernode since I'm using my laptop for almost everything... so I installed FP render node but it shows a message that I need to authorize this computer to modify and render....I don't need to modify anything in there.
 I opened REGEDIT to delete all the itoosoft registration but still showing old information about my license.

Thanks,

Fernando

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Removing license
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 04:58:56 PM »
Hi Fernando,

A license is required to render Forest objects, although you don't need to edit them. This rule applies when Max runs on interactive mode (opened by an human operator), but not for unattended render modes, as Backburner.

So in this case i suggest you activate the license in the laptop, if you are going to use it as main workstation.

To delete a license from a workstation, just select it in the License Manager and click Shift+Del. But note that this procedure doesn't modify the activation counter, only deletes the license.
For security reasons, each license can be activated by default 5 times, but if you exhaust the maximum number of activations or the counter is running low, please write us and we will add more activations.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Arkviz

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 05:29:19 PM »
Hi Carlos,
 I have all my licenses on my laptop and on my workstation I have max and vray installed as workstation and my plugins as rendernode...So if a need to use my WS and still doing changes (only MAX & Vray ) and render some stuff out...Now, I can't render from my WS even if I don't need to modify or touch a FP object....( it was possible before,  I just to do it in FP V3 I think)

It's any way to work around this?...I suppose with a network license, but again I don't modify stuffs out my laptop.

Thanks,

Fernando

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
Not really, our licensing system worked always in this way. We have not modified anything in the latest releases.

Anyway, if you are not going to use both simultaneously, we allow to activate the license in one additional computer (usually at home or laptop). Many users make this request to us, so although this issue is not covered in our license agreement, we are flexible about it.

Probably you did that before.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Arkviz

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »
maybe, when I got my FP license we tried to install the network license in one point for the same reason and it didn't work.

Thanks!!!

Fernando