Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Error loading preset material library  (Read 2563 times)

JTP Vis

Error loading preset material library
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:42:06 AM »
Hi,

I have recently added all the Forest Pro presets to our server so that we can take advantage of the x-ref system and not need all the geometry in the master files, as suggested in this post http://forum.itoosoft.com/index.php?topic=2963.0.

But I have also just updated to the latest version of Forest Pro (4.3.7) and I now get an error message attached below. I have copied the matlib folder onto the server and it is in the right place. What makes this more frustrating is that it works fine on one computer, but not on two others.

We are using both Max Design 2014 and Max Design 2015.

If you need any more info please ask.

Regards,

Bill

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Error loading preset material library
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »
Hi Bill,

It looks as though the maxscript file that contains the Function to get the current renderer cannot be found. In our library you'll find this in the library root folder.

If you move that file to the library root path of your copy on the server it should behave correctly. Please let me know if you encounter further issues.

Kind regards,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

JTP Vis

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 12:28:06 PM »
Wow, again, outstanding customer support!

That worked a treat, but I had to put it in a few different places before I worked out where the root path was. Naturally when I decided to look at the preferences in Forest pro at the path I had put in it was obvious.

Thanks again.

Bill

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »
Hi Bill,

No problem at all, glad we were able to help out.

Kind regards,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software