Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: problem with 3dsmax9  (Read 8962 times)

FH4719

problem with 3dsmax9
« on: June 19, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
Hi everybody,

I can't use forest pack pro 2.33 with 3dsmax9. Not trouble with installation, but when trying to use forestpack into 3dsmax, I get the message Forest Pro License Error "Contact with Itoo Software (www.itoosoft.com)".

So that's why I'm writing here.

I tried to install automatically, to paste the cfg file manually in the right folder, nothing changed, always this same error. Could you help me?

DIMITRIS

Re: problem with 3dsmax9
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »
I have no problem with it, but what I would do is...
1. Uninstall FPpro
2. Check to delete every file that could be relevant to FPpro from 3dsMAX dir or any other.
3. Check the registry for anything relevant (regedit.exe and do a search)
4. Pray...

I guess there is nothing more to do.
I will sign it only if it is a piece of art!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: problem with 3dsmax9
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 06:29:46 PM »
Hi,

Usually this error is not fixed reinstalling Forest. Do you get it when creating a new fresh scene or loading an existing file ?

If the scene is new and the error is displayed inmediately, then the license file (forestpack.dll) may be invalid. Try searching it in:

\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\9 - 32bit\enu\plugcfg for Max 9, 32 bit
or
\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\9 - 64bit\enu\plugcfg for Max 9, 64 bit

(be care that some of these folder may by hidden in Windows). Also a copy of the file is stored in the 'plugcfg' directory below the Max root installation.

When you locate the forestpack.dll file, please send it to us for checking.

But, if you get the error from an existing scene and after working on it for a while, then the Forest objects may be corrupt. This is a common problem when the object was created using a pirated Forest Pro license. To fix it:

1. Delete all Forest and Planes objects
2. Save the scene and restart Max
3. Recreate the objects using your licensed Forest Pro

If your scene have a lot of Forest objects, you can also send it to us (only Forest/Planes and related objects, as area splines, lights, cameras and so). We may fix the corrupt items using some internal use utilities.

BTW, Forest don't use any registry value. The installer only copies some files to the Max directories, as described in our FAQ:

http://www.itoosoft.com/english/menu.php?id=forest_faq#17
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software