Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Exclude multiple objects at once  (Read 722 times)

Crayox

Exclude multiple objects at once
« on: May 11, 2023, 03:29:22 PM »
Hi guys,
I have this development with like 30 houses that are vrayscenes. I'm using exclude objects (for houses) for the grass and it works perfectly but I have to add one by one. Any way I can add all of them at once?
Thanks!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Exclude multiple objects at once
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 03:35:06 PM »
Hi,

For this purpose, you might find handy the recently introduced Forest Set feature - a helper used to create a multi-purpose container for scene objects. As mentioned in our documentation: "... the contents of a layer can be dynamically linked to a Forest Set, making it easy to update scatters using familiar scene organization tools."

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Crayox

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 07:51:05 AM »
Sounds great! Will try it. Thanks!

Edit: Yep, worked like a charm! And so fast! I expected it to crash or something because each model took like 10 seconds to add since I didn't optimize houses for this or use some outlining object. Perfect!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 08:00:37 AM by Crayox »

Crayox

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 03:29:34 PM »
I'm having some problems unfortunately. When I loaded the houses individually it was perfect. Now that I only load one object (the set one) I get a lot of grass breaking through to my houses. Even tried cranking the resolution to 9999 but in some places it's ok in others isn't. Anything else I should check?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 09:16:44 AM »
Hi,

As it's really hard to say, what's happening exactly in your scene, if possible, please feel free to send us your scene (ideally simplified and containing just this problematic object(s)) to helpdesk@itoosoft.com to check it here. Ideally, if you'll be able to reproduce it on a minimal scene, which you can send us, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Crayox

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 08:08:26 AM »
Hey,
yes, I'll send the scene now via wetransfer. Here are the test renders. One is the old method where I manually added each house, the other (with grass protruding) is the FPset. Houses (vrayscenes) each have a large box the size of the pool and the size of the house + driveway in them and it's clicked unrenderable. Boxes are 200 in height and located in -100 so should be ok.