Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Library Browser Load failed  (Read 376 times)

CharlyRT

Library Browser Load failed
« on: February 04, 2024, 11:05:37 PM »
Hi there, recently im having some issues with forestpack, im unable to edit materials while rendering on IPR with vray, it crashes all the time, now every time I create a Forest Object and tried to select a preset nothing happens appears the message "Load failed. Please see 3ds Max console for details" and sometimes 3ds max crashes, I have seen here that its something about ForestQtCatalog.dll or ForestQt.dll on 3ds Max root folder, but in my case I dont have any .dll there, I have recently formated my PC and everything its clean.

Trying to solve the other error I have used different versions of Forestpack compatible with Max 2024 but any version crashes  :-\ hope you can help me with this. I attach the minidump.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 11:07:33 PM by RTstudio »

CharlyRT

Re: Library Browser Load failed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 11:06:25 PM »
Here is the minidump and the Crash video

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 11:00:23 AM »
Please install Forest 8.2.5.
This crash would be related with the latest changes included in FP 8.2.6, to improve the thumbnails process. We're are investigating it.

This issue has not relation with your other post, which crashes V-Ray when using IPR.
We must send that mininidump to ChaosGroup to get more information.

I apologize for the inconveniences.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

CharlyRT

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 06:19:17 PM »
 :o Pheeeww
Geez thanks, I was afraid that there was something goin on with my PC, I was considering, formatting again, after everything was crashing, I reinstalled 3ds Max and nothing changed.

Please install Forest 8.2.5.
This crash would be related with the latest changes included in FP 8.2.6, to improve the thumbnails process. We're are investigating it.
I apologize for the inconveniences.

No problem at all. Thanks again, hope you can find whats goin on ;)

PS I have another question, is it a way to rename Forest/Railclone objects from Lister?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 01:44:53 AM by RTstudio »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 09:34:29 AM »
Don't worry, it's not a problem with your computer.

In this case, it was a bug in the Library Browser (not related with FP 8.2.6 changes).
I upload a fix here, if you want to use it. Because the next public Forest update may take some time.

Just install FP 8.2.6 again, and overwrite ForestQtCatalog.dll at:
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\ForestPackPro2024\Contents\plugins\2024

Same file is valid for other 3DS Max versions as well.

PS I have another question, is it a way to rename Forest/Railclone objects from Lister?

No, sorry. It doesn't include any option to rename objects.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software