Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: License server Problem  (Read 12470 times)

Nildo Essa

License server Problem
« on: March 24, 2010, 04:59:33 PM »
Hello...

Forest Pro is starting to give me headaches... i open up a project where i used forest pro...it opens up fine...but then after a while all objects disappear and forest pro shows me the error

"Cannot Connect to license server (Winsocks Error 10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond blah blah blah..."

Im using forest at home where i most of the times dont have an internet connection... i remember having a similar issue back in 2008 but it was different as it didnt allow me to use forest AT ALL...

now it starts but then stops working!

Nildo

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: License server Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
Hello Nildo,

By the message, Forest can't connect with the license server, but we would need to know more about your configuration to find the problem.

What license server are you using when work at home ? Is it installed locally, in another computer or do you connect by Internet ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Nildo Essa

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »
Hello

thx for replying

License Server is V 1.06 and its installed Locally...I dont think it need an internet connection because without internet it start the plugin just fine..but after a while (and this happens SOMETIMES) it will be unable to conner to server.

FP3.3 win7 Ultimate64bit max 2010

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »

No, if the server is installed locally it's not needed an Internet connection.  The computer is not connected to any local network,  isn't it?
Are you using some firewall or antivirus software ?

I just attached a couple of reg files to enable the debug mode in the license server. Please, try this:

1. Double click the licserver_debuglevel (x64).reg file and accept the messages.
2. Restart the license server using the License Manager (Server->Stop Server/Start Server).

Now, you can get detailed information of the server using the "View Log" button. Use Forest and send us the log file when it fail.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software