Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Feature Idea - Color Correction for Forest  (Read 609 times)

GeraldW

Feature Idea - Color Correction for Forest
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:22:56 AM »
Hey,

one challenge I am facing on a regular basis is to match the color vegetation objects from different vendors.
For example, I use the preset meadow from the Itoo library, trees from MaxTree and Bushes from Evermotion.

Often the leafs (green tones) will not harmonize very well because one collection is more greenish, the other more blueish or brown or one is much darker then the others.
Do compensate this I could use a ColorCorretion Node or ForestColor for each Bitmap, which is kinda tedious.
I know it´s possible to assign ForestColor automatically, but this will also apply them to trunks or flowers. Yes, we can exclude by name, but most models are not named well enough.

To simplify this task it would be nice, if we could get some basic ColorCorrection inside the Forest Object, which lets us "target" specific colors like the Hue/Saturation/Value adjustment layer in Photoshop.
This way we could easily target all the greens and adjust it to our needs in a very simple way.

Maybe use the existing ForestColor feature and add this feature to the Material - Color Tint rollout, so instead of tinting everything we can choose the color and adjust them.

Rokas

Re: Feature Idea - Color Correction for Forest
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
Idea is good and that is something we have looked into.

Max finally got this targeted Color Correction capability.

It is working only in max 2021 though ;(
Rokas