Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Few features...  (Read 26886 times)

BB1610

Re: Few features...
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 06:30:30 PM »
Ah,
sorry to no explain it correctly. I want to add some more forest objects in the areas where FP didn`t create because the bitmap isn`t precise , so I created some closed shapes to add the additional objects, but I cant use them, because the  include area of FP is already occupied with shape that cover the whole terrain area. So i propose to make an additional option to define more `include splines / areas`.

-R

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 07:14:38 PM »

That could be like having multiple splines, each with its own map. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to implement and would involve drastic changes in the interface. I see two solutions for this:

- Use Custom Edit mode to add more trees in the desired areas
- Create additional Forest objects. When finished, you can also attach them to the main object using Custom Edit.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BB1610

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
Thanks for reply,
what about this sitation :  add the button to pick `correction spline` when using distribution map in custom map mode, and this spline only add objects based on the distribution map from the predefinied maps ( full, dense, scattered.... ) ?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »

We'll take a look to it, although i'm not sure if is possible to use both maps in the distribution process.

Thanks for your suggestions.  ;)

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BB1610

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »
Thanks very much !

-R

BB1610

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »
Hi,
if object which will be added to the forest has multisub material assigned ( lets mark it as "multisub A" ), then FP assign its own multisub material ( "multisub B" ) to the forest, and this "multisub B" will have as much materials as is the highest ID number in "multisub A" , so if you have in reality in "multisub A" just 2 materials which one if have id=999 , then "multisub B" will consist of 999  materials. Coudl that be corrected ? This may look as silly request, but in complex scenes with complex multisubs, it`s hard to navigate in multisubs created by FP.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

When you create a multisub which has a single material with an ID of 999, Max creates internally a multisub with 999 materials: 1 material + 998 unused (you can verify it using Maxscript). To hide the unused materials, it uses the property "materialIDList" that contains the list of materials in use.

But, i'm not sure why, this property is not accesible from the plugins using the SDK (although it is from Maxscript). Because this, we cannot hide from Forest all those unused materials.

I just wrote a email to Autodesk asking about this issue. If they give us a solution, we will fix it for the next patch.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BB1610

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »
Wonderfull :)
I have a next question, it is not related directly to the purpouse of FP, but only about its part. When we have a lot of unique hipoly object which haven`t been placed by FP, we tend to hide the ones which aren`t in the frameview. We do it quite often, and I though if FP could have a minor `offspring` which basically do this : select object from objectlist, or from selection, and then use the FP function "camera - area - limit to visibility" to that objects. It would save a ton of time.

Thanks,
Radomir

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 07:43:15 PM »

Forest hides automatically from render the custom objects (if "Display->Hide Custom Objects..." parameter is enabled). You would to create a dummy Forest object (as instance, using a very small area spline) and assign all meshes to it, that would to work.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BB1610

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »

Forest hides automatically from render the custom objects (if "Display->Hide Custom Objects..." parameter is enabled). You would to create a dummy Forest object (as instance, using a very small area spline) and assign all meshes to it, that would to work.

Hi,
we misunderstood each other, I meant, that this `program` -  based on FP, will load a geometry from scene ( for example houses which are placed on exact positions , not by FP ) and it will use the "camera - area - limit to visibility" function on them. So if you have for example - thousands of houses placed in scene NOT by FP, but manually - then this `program` will hide unnecessary houses - based on FOV of the camera ( as is "camera - area - limit to visibility" )

-R

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »

Ah, ok. I though that you want to hide from render the objects used as custom meshes, although they not be assigned to any Forest object.

About your suggestion, it could to be a new plugin. I will think on it ...  ;)

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BB1610

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »
About your suggestion, it could to be a new plugin. I will think on it ...  ;)

Aww, that`s wonderful new, hope , really hope that you`ll not just think of it, but, actually make it happen :)

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »

Well, the big problem about writing new plugins are not the technical issues, but how to get time for all planned projects...  :(

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

BB1610

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »
how to get time for all planned projects...  :(

Tell me something about it , in fact, if I could, I`ll buy spare time from others who doesn`t need it.  :D

BB1610

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 10:44:44 PM »
Hi, another feature that would be great :
Density/Size fallof working also on bitmaps,not just on splines.