Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Floating Trees with Rebus Farm  (Read 1065 times)

martin demczyk

Floating Trees with Rebus Farm
« on: May 31, 2019, 06:59:38 PM »
I am having some items get out of place when rendered on Rebus Farm.  Locally they render fine - but on their servers, they 'float'.  I am trying to find if there are any scale issues - and re-setting all of them to 100%.  Does anyone have any other suggestions of why this happens?  Thanks!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Floating Trees with Rebus Farm
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 09:12:10 AM »
It's strange. At least they're using an old FP version which have some bug, i don't know what may cause that issue.

If you send us the scene, we would check if there is something special with that object.

Alternatively, you may convert the FP object to standalone items, using Forest Tools. That should fix the problem.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

FC1888

Re: Floating Trees with Rebus Farm
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
Have never seen this before , but when using plants from various sources, I have noted that some are single objects, with pivots place on the ground at the base... while others are groups and each part can have pivots centred to each and only when you use affect pivot and choose save the move tool, does the pivot for said group, move to it's proper position.. Are those trees that move, single objects, with multi materials or are they groups.. Maybe this could be the problem. if it is, then I would suggest, ungrouping said objects, then attaching each part to say the trunk, which normally has it's pivot at the correct point.. and if once al parts are attached to create a single object, if the pivot is not at the base of the plant, you can move it to where it should be.. Then reset transforms.

I know that if you use splines as areas for plants, each FP object, uses the spline at the highest level, so to do several levels you would need several splines, and in Max, when you render locally, al would be good.. I don't know if it's likely but could rebus be seeing the splines as a single area...

As I say, I've never seen this before, unless as in a recent tutorial, you were attempting to scatter on a displaced surface. but I have a feeling it's a grouped/single object/ pivot point problem