Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

forest 2.4 + mentalray + mrSun/Sky general tips ?

(1/2) > >>

BB1610:
Hi, i just want to ask for some general optimizing tips when rendering with forest 2.4 + mr+mrSun/Sky under max2008 x64, for instance - when it is good using specialized mental ray material with forest shaders loaded into it, or planes material ? and some tips for xShadows .. thanks in advance

iToo:
Hi,

Planes Material works creating a mental ray material that uses Forest Texture + Forest Shadow, so if you don't include other shaders (as Photon or Volume), the result will be the same. We suggest you always use Planes Material.

XShadow doesn't work with Mental Ray. Max use automatically Raytraced Shadows when XShadow is detected.

However, Forest 2.4 is not the best option to work with mrSun/sky, because it doesn't include the improvements done for Mental Ray of Forest 3. We have rewritten the shader to provide better compatibility with HDR solutions (as mrSun). I strongly recommend that you upgrade to Forest 3 if you can.

DIMITRIS:
I agree.... Forest 3 is much better

BB1610:
does FP3 speed up rendering with MR ? what exactly do you by improvements for MR ?

BB1610:
does Xshadow work  in FP3 with MR ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version