Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Forest 3D Preset map paths not configured correctly

(1/4) > >>

MU3245:
This has sort of plagued me for I don't know how long. Several years/releases or more.

Using 3DS MAX 2022 - Start a new project/scene. Make a plane. Create Forest Object with plane. Forest asks to configure/add map paths, choose yes. From Geometry Panel select Forest Library>Presets>Meadows (or Gravel or...other preset). It will create the forest and all looks good. Try making an adjustment with forest color. It does not work.

Save Scene. Close Max. Reopen Max. Get missing maps warning message. Now one must add in Max Configure Project Paths C:/users/user/appdata/local/itoosoftware/forest pack pro/  with include subfolders.

Now the Forest Object has the correct map path assignments and Forest color will work correctly and etc.

I think something is not configured correctly when first choosing yes to the automated Add forest Map Paths when first creating forest object. That does not correctly add the paths for Forest Presets. It uses legacy paths or I'm not sure what. This is tedious and has messed me up more than a few times.

It's usually me that causes these kind of things but this time I think there may be a legitimate glitch?

Finally took time to bring it to your attention. Thanks

Rokas:
Thanks for taking time to write this.
I have never had this myself, nor have seen this issue reported before.

When You are first presented with this dialog:

after pressing Yes, Your "Bitmaps paths" should be populated with all the necessary paths.
They should be seen in both 3dsmax.ini and "External Files" tab:

No max restart needed.

There might be some configuration conflict in Your PC.
Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

MU3245:
Thanks for your reply Rokas. I am now, predictably, thinking the problem is indeed at my end.

I created a new blank scene. Then before creating a forest object or doing anything else I looked at Configure Project Paths. Screengrab attached.

Somehow, some unknown time ago, it appears that i took steps to cause Max to custom-populate project paths on new startup. I think that is the cause of this problem.  I need to determine how to fix that.

Thanks again for your help!

MU3245:
Oh boy. I don't know what I have done but I hope you can help me get it sorted and back to the intended default behavior.

In Max 2022 I create new default project. Save new empty scene. Configure Project Paths appears as in screengrab02 below.

Create plane and convert to poly. Create Forest Pro preset meadow. Select yes to"add forest paths" pop up.

Configure Project Paths now appears as in screengrab03 below.

Save, close and then reopen scene. Get missing map files window shown in screengrab04. WTF?

Finally - screengrab05 shows the contents of the projects .mxp created by Max

Rokas:
First I want to be sure You are not using old versions of 3ds max and vray as that combo has an error- not saving max settings on exit.

Would You please confirm that both latest versions are installed ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version