Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Stuck and needing some help.  (Read 2526 times)

PQ1575

Stuck and needing some help.
« on: July 03, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
Hi all,

Have been tinkering with Forest Pack for a long time, and I this is the fist time I am doing a big mountain type scene. I see so many amazing scenes scattered with hundreds of trees, however I am struggling to even put a few on the screen and I am tearing my hair out!

I know its something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure out what, or maybe I have misunderstood some concept completely. Maybe my geometry is too large I am not sure.

But for starters I am simply trying to scatter one of the default demo Library 3d trees, Black Pine 1 to be exact.

However when I try to render it, I keep getting the error Maximum number of faces exceeded. Even when I move up the units until only say 20 of the trees are on screen, I still get the same error?? What am I missing here, am I going about this completetly wrong?

Any help appreciated!

Rokas

Re: Stuck and needing some help.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 03:09:54 PM »
Please attache Your misbehaving scene- I will look into this.
Rokas

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:20:13 PM »
While we receive your scene, according to the Stats screenshot, it seems Forest is not creating instances for the items.
It would happen if the render engine is not supported, or if Display->Render->Mode is set to Meshes, instead Automatic, which is default value.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

PQ1575

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 01:27:06 PM »
Ahhhh! So embarassing, thanks Itoo, this is what happens when you don't sleep! I have just moved to a new machine and my Renderer was defaulting to scanline.....

Thank you!