Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Parking Lot  (Read 3277 times)

Bobby Parker

Parking Lot
« on: December 02, 2016, 07:04:26 PM »
I have an issue with adding cars to my parking lot. I have tried everything, but I am having multiple cars occupying they same vertex. I have 4 cars and a couple hundred spaces.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Parking Lot
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 08:51:17 AM »
Please, send us a simplified scene to check it. You can replace cars with any object, we only need to check the Forest distribution and settings.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Bobby Parker

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »
I am back on this job. Here is the file, which has the path, road, forest dummy and cars (I didn't include the actual proxies).

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:23:13 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately, without used proxy objects, the Forest object can't be rebuild "completely" to do more testing with it. I've noticed, there are two Forest objects in your scene using the same settings ("Forest010") which might be causing these troubles and I would suggest you to remove one of those. Attaching screen-shot.

If the issue persist, would you mind to send us an archive including these proxy objects? Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Bobby Parker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 06:59:31 PM »
I checked and I am only seeing one instance of that Forest 10, so I might have already deleted it. I'll see if that was the issue. Thank you!

Bobby Parker

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »
I don't do parking lots often, but I am doing one now and I am getting the same double car problem. I can't be the only one. Is there a fix?

Bobby Parker

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:31:06 PM by UC3472 »

Bobby Parker

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 08:28:30 PM »
Anybody? I have to get this out today and we are burning daylight.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 09:23:43 AM »
Hi, thanks for the scene.
We see the Forest object uses Custom Edit mode. How did you generate the cars distribution exactly ?

In any case, to fix the problem quickly, you can delete the extra cars manually.
Just use Tree Editor->Edit (icon) or set the sub-object mode. Then you can select each car individually and move or delete it.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Bobby Parker

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:21 PM »
That helped, thank you! You asked how I built the parking. I used the tutorial you posted as the base.