Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Continuing issue with surfaces  (Read 1319 times)

Manuel Körner

Continuing issue with surfaces
« on: December 08, 2019, 11:16:39 PM »
Hey to all,
i repeatedly do run into the following issue, which is drivin me crazy and can´t find the reason.
As seen in the screenshot i´ve a forest object with some models (in this case reed grass) which i want to scatter around on the surface (as shown).
But instead of scattering it on the whole surface, it only does some polygons?
Why is that. I did have this issue in other scenes and it´s quite annoying.
I´ve done reset xform, started max again, did use another forest object and so on..
So anyone has the same problem and has found a solution to this?
Best regards,
Manuel

Rokas

Re: Continuing issue with surfaces
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:12:17 AM »
Hi and welcome.
Please use PRO boards to ask questions. We do not provide support outside PRO boards. Thanks\

Regarding Your issue, please attach or send us the scene and we will troubleshoot it for You.

Regards
Rokas

TL1895

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 10:03:33 PM »
Wait, is this not the "Pro" board?

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:20:09 PM »
It was not created originally. I have moved, and noted OP.
Rokas

FC1888

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »
I'll guess that if reset x-form was applied and you have no other problems with the polygon surfaces in question, then you might try the distribution rollout

I've had some surfaces refuse to work, even after reset x-form and had to redo them.. A lot of the problem surfaces, if created in Max, are fine, but occasionally you import something like a surface, modelled in another program, and no matter what you do, forest pack refuses to scatter correctly.. Rare that I use imported geometry though, so not really a problem

What I find strange about your screen shots though, is instead of showing the setting of the forest pack object, you have a huge area showing rappa tools. Surely if you had the forest pack pro setting for you FP object on screen, it might just help people solve your problem... Oh and in order to get them all open and showing on screen, you can increase the area of the screen that the dialogs take up. 1 column, 2 columns, 3, 4 even 5.. very useful for screenshots and you can easily reduce the number after taking the screen shot.