Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Crowd not animating  (Read 1313 times)

VelvetElvis

Forest Crowd not animating
« on: May 07, 2019, 11:56:07 PM »
I am trying to render a sequence of people in a crowd that are animated with point cache files. I can render the first frame in a dequence just fine, however all other frames the forest crowd just disappears. Even the people in the crowd who don't have animation files. This behavior happens both on network rendering and local rendering. The people are xref'd into the scene but since they all show up in the first frame, I don't think that is the issue?

I am on vray next 1.2 and forest 6.2.1

Rokas

Re: Forest Crowd not animating
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:33 AM »
Works here.

We can take a look in Your situation only if You attached or shared Your files.
Rokas

VelvetElvis

Re: Forest Crowd not animating
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »
I will try to get something packaged up and sent over to you via PM if that is okay. I have people models and animation files that are not ready to full public sharing. I am using a rail clone placeholder object to scatter the people using forest, similar to the parking lot tutorial. Would that have anything to do with it?

It's also a stadium, so we're about 4,000 animated people in total. 6 people models with 8 different point cache files and random sample are set for the animation in forest. I don't get a warning that limits have been hit as the first frame renders just fine, but could it just be too much information?