Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Forest Item Sorting Random

(1/2) > >>

CM1251:
Hi Forums,

I wanted to inquire if anyone else has an issue where importing many Forest items results in a randomized list under the geometry rollout? I kind of refused to update from v6 because of this issue thinking that it was finally resolved by this latest release, but one thing I truly miss is an automatic A-Z/0-9 sorting of our geometry list.  Does anyone know if this is a me-exclusive problem and I just need to change a setting, or is this something iToo changed since version 7?

Similarly, I have an issue where I'll import say two objects, then I'll add a blank object as a buffer, then go to add another few items to the list. All will be fine, except if I add one item, Forest Pack likes to replace the Name and object of say an already imported item with the new one even though I had a blank item selected. It's hard to explain but it's a royal PITA.

Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers,
Tanner

iToo:
Hi,

Items are added to the Geometry List on importing order. When new items are added, they are appended at the end of the list.
You can move them one by one with the arrow buttons, but currently there is not any option to sort everything.

Regarding your second question, it works in that way by design:

- When a single item is imported from the Library, it replaces the selected item.
- When multiple items are imported, they are appended to the list.

We choosed this behaviour to keep the UI simple, and not add more options (as a checkbox to choose when add or replace).

Regards,

CM1251:
Hi Carlos,

In regards to your first comment, even if I click each item I import in alphabetical order and load several items at once, it still loads in the list randomized. And sometimes with 20 items but no way to widen the list viewer, its hard to actually see which items I'm moving in the list. Perhaps if there was a way to drag to widen the item list or have a window that could open for easier rearranging/colour coding?

For the second, this is exactly how I've come to expect it from every version before 7. But I think I'm facing a bug where if I have a new item (blank) selected and I go into the library browser, pick the item I want, ForestPack sometimes defaults to the second item in the list (not the original blank object I made) and replaces that on import. I hope that makes better sense. I've been using this since 2012 and its only with the latest version(s) I've been having problems.

Regards,
Tanner

Michal Karmazín:
Hi Tanner,

Thanks for your swift reply. When importing multiple objects, the “order of the selection” matters – if you pick for example these items one by one, in the same order these should be imported to the Forest object – instead, when using the Rectangular Selection tool in the viewport, it might not so predictable. To have these sorted alphabetically, using the Scene Explorer and selecting these with Shift would be recommendable. The same should apply to the Library Browser.

As we can’t reproduce any similar issue(s) here, would you mind sending us any “problematic library” to check it? Also, if you could record a short video showing the problem, it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

CM1251:
Hi Michal,

I'll try to get the Forest Pack issue recorded.  I will update you/this thread once I have something to share. But I will say, I never select custom objects from the scene itself, my issues strictly arise when I import through the content browser.

Thanks,
Tanner

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version