Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Network License Forest 403 max 2014  (Read 2463 times)

SG2462

Network License Forest 403 max 2014
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:49:29 AM »
I have installed forest 403 in max 2014 on my workstation with the license manager running on our main server machine. I am unable to get the license for forest on my workstation. The following error is shown:
Forest Pack request an updated license.

Please add to the License Manager the last license code
received with your software subscription.

Without a valid license, the Forest objects cannot be edited or rendered

The license manager is running and the latest code has been entered but the subscription end date appears to be wrong for one of the licenses. It says issued 25/06/2013 and subscription end 26/09/2006 !!!

We are currently running Forest 341 in max2010 and it can get the license just fine.

Through some more testing, I have narrowed down the issue to having something to do with the specific license mentioned above. I was able to use that license in max2010 with forest341 on another computer and once that license was in use the other 3 available licenses allowed me to create and work with forest403 as normal.

Please advise how to fix this.

Additionally, is there a way to install forest using command line or other automated options since I will have to update 50+ computers to version 403 in both max 2010 and 2014?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Network License Forest 403 max 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
According to our records, one of your network licenses is out of subscription, this means that it will not work with versions of the software published after the expiration date.

As general rule, if you are using the latest Forest release, is not a good idea to mix active with out-of-subscription licenses in a same server. This error may happen depending of what license is assigned to the workstation.

I'm not sure why the license shows an issue date of 25/06/2013. It may be a display bug, the right date should be 26/09/2005. You can check the status of your licenses in the User Panel. In this case, i suggest you renew the old license.

Additionally, is there a way to install forest using command line or other automated options since I will have to update 50+ computers to version 403 in both max 2010 and 2014?
Yes, the setup program supports unattended installations. Use ForestPackPro.exe /? to see the parameters.

Example of silent installation for Max 2013:

ForestPackPro.exe /S /MAXVER=max2013-64

You can find more information here.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

SG2462

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:31:39 AM »
According to our records, one of your network licenses is out of subscription...
...I'm not sure why the license shows an issue date of 25/06/2013
I have already purchased the updated license and received an email from itoosoft on Jun 25, 2013 at 4:00pm with instructions to update the license manager as per usual.

The activation wizard seems to identify the correct serial number to apply the update ( number begins with 015) and it updates the start date but not the end date.
I have just tried re-entering the activation code from the email using both online and manual activation options however there is no change.

Please double check your records and advise how to fix this.

Thanks

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »
Yes, you are right. We sent you a wrong license code, although the order of Jun 25 is not for a subscription renewal, but for a new license.

I apologize by the error. Please, let's continue this isssue by e-mail. I will write you with the details.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

SG2462

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »
resolved via email

thanks again