Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Forest Materials - difficult to grasp

<< < (2/3) > >>

iToo:
Ok. The library browser is used only to assign the material and properties (as size) to the Forest object, but the material must already exists in a 3DS material library. The index.dat file defines the properties of each type of tree as described here:

http://www.itoosoft.com/english/menu.php?id=forest_install

So, to add a new item you must:

1.- Create a new material (use always Forest Material plugin as base)
2.- Save it to a material library. You can use the included with Forest or create a new library
3.- Add a new line to index.dat, defining the properties of the plant

That's all. If you have any problem in the process, please post here your index.dat.

UF7753:
i've tried and cannot get it to work. i have attached the index.dat and the index.xls files i've used.

EDIT: i just noticed that when i assign a material to a forest using the Library button the trees auto resize, but when i add a iToo material using the material button they do not auto resize. so far i cannot get my material to show up in the library to add it from there.

iToo:
You are using a comma to separate the fields, not a semicolon as is required, that's the problem.

Auto resize only works with the Library Browser, because the size parameters are in index.dat, not in the material.

UF7753:
i only got to correcting the .dat file last night with semi-colons for comma's and it worked. i copied a thumbnail into the thumbnail folder and i can now use my own bitmaps from the library.

it is a bit cumbersome though, since i had materials already defined with the correct sizes from forest 2. is there any way that the sizes can be set in the material like before? maybe it could be included in an update.

iToo:
We are modifying the Library Browser to add new items or edit them. It will allow to drag & drop materials from the Material Editor, creating automatically a new item. Dragging a "Planes Material" that includes the size values, will create a tree entry on a single step.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version