Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: can not scatter a tree entirly  (Read 1499 times)

CQ4378

can not scatter a tree entirly
« on: July 02, 2014, 04:20:22 PM »
hi, once i chose the custom object,  if I click the trunk, then, only the trunk will be scattered. if I click the crown, only crown will be scattered.  The tree model is from evermotion and it is not a spereate object.  This only happens to some of the models.  I noticed that "healthy" models are "editable mesh", but those ones which does not work are not.   how can i solve this issue? It seems that i can not convert those tree object to editable mesh. ( I use the command convert to editable mesh, but it does not work)
Any other solutions?

CQ4378

Re: can not scatter a tree entirly
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
I find out those problematic trees are a group object. (trunk and crown are spereate items, but group together)
how can i integreate them together so that ITOO forest pack can treat them as one object.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: can not scatter a tree entirly
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:56:36 PM »
Hi,

To attach all grouped meshes into one object you can use Attach command under Editable Poly / Mesh. First you need to Ungroup it (Group - Ungroup). Then select any of meshes and check under Polygon sub-level it's Material ID (you can set to 1, second object to 2 and so on). For each geometry you should create slot in Multi/Sub-Object material with corresponding ID number. Be careful to treat all different materials under corresponding IDs to avoid material mismatching while using Multi/Sub-Object material.

Anyway, in recent releases of Forest Pack also group can be assigned as a Custom Object (note: select the group by name, not picking in the scene). Elements of the group are scattered together, but Forest Pack handling them as individual items.

Hope this helps you, but in case of any further question or doubt, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a nice day.

Kind regards,