Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Material Color tint  (Read 3046 times)

Martin

Material Color tint
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Hi.

I would like to know what i am doing wrong. My objects doesn't seem to be color tintet after applying the effect.

What I have done.:

I have taking a grass object 1x1 meter. I have started forest pack and applied the object all over the plane.
When I render it all looks normal.

Know I want' to give the grass object som color variation. I therefor go into material and set the range to 100% to 100%. And I give it a color gradient from green to yellow. Also I apply a cellular map to the "map" .

But when I render it looks the same as before applying the color tint. What an I doing wrong.?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Material Color tint
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

You must use Forest Color in the map slot (as diffuse) of the grass material. It is not necessary to modify any parameter.

Please, see the "Material" section in the basic tutorial. It shows an example of use:

http://www.itoosoft.com/forestpack/tutorials/tutorial_basic.php

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Martin

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 03:36:30 PM »
Thanks that helped.  :)

TM3598

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
Please can you explain better what the "Random Strength" values are for - the tutorial doesn't explain what they are for at all, just to set them to 0 and 70%.

I absolutely have NO idea what these two fields are for - there is NO explanation anywhere.....

Is it a 'from' to 'to' situation ?  If so, 'from' meaning what, and 'to' meaning what ?

Then there is the gradient - what is that about ?

Please, please, please can you explain this because it is driving me nuts.

To me, it seems there are too many variables at play here to make any sense of this.....

Thank you.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:38:01 PM »
You can find a detailed description of these parameters in the Forest Color and Forest Material reference in the documentation.

- Random Strengh range determine the magnitude of tint applied, from 0 to 100%. A random value for each item within this range.
- Gradient is a quick way to apply a random range of colour. As before, each item receive a random color from the gradient.

I suggest you take a look to the Autumn Park tutorial. It's specifically dedicated to Forest Color, explaining all its features and parameters.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software