Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Grid format adjustment  (Read 4401 times)

Sketchrender

Grid format adjustment
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:23:37 AM »
Good morning.

This may be simple but I am not getting it right.
I want to use Forest pro to array a grid of Moss samples on a vertical wall, and on the ceiling of the shower area.
Image attached of Drawing.
I can not get the grid to just match perfectly to a simple square pattern.

Can anybody give a pointer on this please.
Thank you
Phil

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Grid format adjustment
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
Hi Phil,

I would suggest you to use the Full Distribution Map and adjust the Density value as needed (for example when working in cm, to get the item placed each 10 cm you should set the Density to 1000 cm - 100x10CM). To place it precisely, you can use Offset X & Offset Y values.

To reproduce the colour variation you can use the Forest Color's - Get color from map > As Texture on Surface feature.

Hope you'll find it useful.

Best regadrs,

Sketchrender

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:07:41 PM »
Thank you for the reply.
I am not if the plugin is working correctly  with The New corona.
The meshes do not appear, and for the life of me I can not get the the local and FP to go vertical.
There must be an easier way.

Philip

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 09:54:36 AM »
Hi Philip,

As mentioned in this related post: "When using a surface, I would suggest you to always double check it's local coordinates (your surface coordinates should correspond with intended Forest object orientation). For example a plane created in Front view will work differently with Forest objects as another one created in Perspective / Top view ... To rebuild the Forest object, use the the Update surfaces data button or feel free to mark the Auto check-box (to Update surface data automatically - this may add a performance hit for complex surfaces)."

Please feel free to check our "Scattering on Vertical Surfaces" tutorial, where you can find several useful tips regarding it. Hope that helps.

Best regards,