Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack and Unreal studio  (Read 4559 times)

Darwin Ceballos

Forest Pack and Unreal studio
« on: August 14, 2018, 07:20:25 PM »
This from Jaime Parga (itoosoft) "We’re pleased to say that Epic’s new Datasmith tool is able to export both Forest Pack and RailClone objects whilst maintaining instancing"

I've done a couple of exports with datasmith, the mesh will import just fine in UE, but the instancing is not present, anyone else has/had this problem?

Regards Darwin

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Forest Pack and Unreal studio
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:32:11 PM »
Hi Darwin,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I run some tests here and it would appear that the latest versions of Datasmith are not, as you say, importing FP instances correctly. RailCLone appears to work fine.

Unfortunately, this is not a problem we can fix as support was implemented by Epic. Please feel free to report it to them, and we'll try to get in touch with their development team too.

In the meantime, you can export objects as instances by converting FP objects using Forest Tools. They will then export like any other instanced 3ds max geometry object.

Thanks again, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Darwin Ceballos

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:42:07 PM »
Hi Paul, just got word from Epic that they have reproduced the issue, and are looking in to it to solve the problem.

Regards
Darwin

Hi Darwin,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I run some tests here and it would appear that the latest versions of Datasmith are not, as you say, importing FP instances correctly. RailCLone appears to work fine.

Unfortunately, this is not a problem we can fix as support was implemented by Epic. Please feel free to report it to them, and we'll try to get in touch with their development team too.

In the meantime, you can export objects as instances by converting FP objects using Forest Tools. They will then export like any other instanced 3ds max geometry object.

Thanks again, please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Paul

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 01:22:22 PM »
Hi Darwin,

Thanks for the update, I got the same feedback. Let's hope they can fix it soon  :)

All the best,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software