Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack doesn't work in Animation mode with Vray Next Update 1.1  (Read 1751 times)

NJ1024

Hello,

I'm trying to use forest pack to create a simple crowd system.
However whenever i try to scatter animated objects, both via alembic and vrayproxy, the first frame renders fine, but then all the forest objects dissapear during render time. Everything works fine in the viewport. Even with just the most basic settings it happens. Just animation set to "follow geometry", and i scatter the animated proxy or alembic... i render a sequence, and after the 2nd or 3rd frame the forest objects disappear completely.

I'm using the latest forest pack build, and tried every vray build, from the latest nightly, to the official 1.1 release. However in the with the old Vray Next official everythings works ok, even though the motion blur from the vrayproxy created with a latest versions gets all funky.

Is there an easy way to quick fix this?

NJ1024

Re: Forest Pack doesn't work in Animation mode with Vray Next Update 1.1
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:41:36 PM »
Ok, i installed old forest pack 6.1.2 and it seems to be working alright... will have to do a few more tests, but at least im not getting the error with the old vray version, i'll try with the latest one.

Rokas

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:22:02 AM »
Hi can You please attach Your scene so we can identify the issue.
Rokas

US2886

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:48:26 AM »
Hi Itoo

I have the same problems as well

Do let me know when you have a solution

DN4555

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:33 AM »
So, in the 6.1.6 the problem is still exsist.
I have an animated fountain in vrayproxy format, and cannot render in our renderfarm. Every machines render the first frame(first task) correctly and after just in random frames( 14, 46, 60 etc.).If  just one computer make the render by network, the problem is same.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »
Hi, we have identified and fixed the bug. It was caused by the changes introduced in FP 6.1.5 to improve the compatibility with IPR.

We're testing the update and it should be available the next week. Until then, i suggest to dowgrade to FP 6.1.2.

Thanks.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

DN4555

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »
Thank You!

EG4043

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2019, 01:25:21 PM »
It also does not work with vray 3.  And it is very likely causing hard lock crashes.  Tho we can't be sure it is the cause.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 01:40:09 PM »
We have released FP 6.1.7 with this bug fixed.

Besides this fix, there is a similar (but different) problem in V-Ray which may cause an exception rendering animated GrowFX models.
We could not confirm if it may happen also with other animated models, not GrowFX.

ChaosGroup has fixed the problem in the latest nightly builds.
If you are rendering animated models, we suggest to upgrade to the latest nigthly build of V-Ray.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software