Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pack is not compatible with current Vray version (max 2014, vray 2.40.04)  (Read 7609 times)

TK1355

Hello,

I have a problem with Forest pack pro and 3ds max 2014 64 bits with vray 2.40.04.
When i try to render, i have a message from forest pack who tells "Forest Pack is not compatible with current Vray version. Please, check for updates at www.itoosoft.com".
When i go in the surch of upgrade, the message tells me that i have the lastest version of forest pack.
When i try a render even in a basic scène with only one forest object, i have also a message who tells "some forest objects were not bult correctly in the last render. See view stats."
and the stats says that the "Maximum number of faces exceeded in last render (5.1 M). Adjust display"

Can you help me please because, i've a render to finish on monday and i want to fix the bug.

Thancks a lot

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
When i try to render, i have a message from forest pack who tells "Forest Pack is not compatible with current Vray version. Please, check for updates at www.itoosoft.com".
When i go in the surch of upgrade, the message tells me that i have the lastest version of forest pack.
It seems an installation issue. Please, try this:

1) Be sure Max is closed.
2) Delete the files ForestVRay20.dll from the Max root folder, and ForestPackPro.dlo from "plugins".
3) Reinstall Forest.

When i try a render even in a basic scène with only one forest object, i have also a message who tells "some forest objects were not bult correctly in the last render. See view stats." and the stats says that the "Maximum number of faces exceeded in last render (5.1 M). Adjust display"
This may happen if Forest is not using the VRay shader. Once solved the above issue, this problem should gone. If not, please, see this post.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TK1355

Hello,
thank you for your help.

I delete the ForestVRay20.dll from the Max root folder, and ForestPackPro.dlo from "plugins" and tried to reinstall FP but i have a message error wich tell that "Error opening file for writing : c:\Program Files \Autodesk\3ds Max Design 2014 \plugins\ForestPackPro.dlo"

Thanks to help me

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
For some reason the Max files are locked in your system, so updates fail. This may be caused by:

a) A Max instance is running. You can check it using the Task Manager.
b) Your user has not admin privileges. Run the setup program as Administrator.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TK1355

Thank you,

I tried to reinstal FPP as admin and it seems to work better because the message disappeared but i still have a message error about mental ray texture (?). I have ignored the message
A max instance is always running on the computer and even if i close the process, it comes back in seconds. So i delete the vray dlo between the end of the process and his come back (1 second...)

FP is now working good for the moment, i will make some tests and tell you if i have problems

Thanks a lot for support

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Do you have running the VRaySpawner service for Distribute Rendering ? It keeps a Max instance running. Closing it before upgrading should solve the updating issue.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TK1355

Yes i think that it was vray spawner.
When i create some forest object selecting object, sometimes i have a F orange spline instead of cloud point and the Stats report that there is no visible items.
Is it normal

Thank you for your repply

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Yes, that's normal if there are not visible items. In this cases you must adjust the density settings (Distribution->X/Y Size). It may happen also when using Camera Clipping, if all items are out of the view frustum.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TK1355

I ajust the x/y density in Distribution map/density and untick "limit to visibility" in camera setting but it doesn't work.
Anything to do else?

Thanks

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Not, that i remember. Please, upload a test scene or send it to support@itoosoft.com. I'll check it.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

TK1355

I sent my scene at the support adress.
Thank you to check it.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
We have not received the file yet. If you sent it, please try again using a web sharing service as WeTransfer.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software