Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Is it possible to change the probabilities when Forest in “custom edit mode”?  (Read 1445 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hello everyone here,

Is it possible to change the probability of each sample object when my Forest in “custom edit mode”?
I made 10000 points as the reference objects of my trees. Then I created 10000 trees via these references.  There are four kind of trees in my forest.
I tried to change the value of Probability of each object in Geometry list. But nothing happen.
My question is,  how can I change the probability of each kind of trees dynamically when the Forest is in custom edit mode ?
I'm looking forward to you answer. Many thanks.

MAX2014 64bit sp6 / Forest Pro pack 4.41
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:40:08 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

For these purposes, by having all items selected in the sub-object level, the Properties (selection) - Randomize feature can be used.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:36:41 PM by Michal Karmazín »

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Hello Michal Karmazín,
thank you for your quick reply. I can Randomize all the trees. But I want to control the proportion of each kind of trees.
For example, I want more Tree A and less Tree B. This is the main purpose. How can I control the  proportion of each kind of trees in Custom edit mode ?
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Hi,

In a very similar way as in the Generate mode - by adjusting the Geometry > Properties > Probability value(s). To apply the change, hitting the Randomize button is needed (as mentioned above).

Best regards,